Simply Music (a trading arm of Karan Thompson Consulting Limited, registered and operating in the Republic of Ireland and governed by State regulations. Paul Maher is the data controller of Simply Music. He may be contacted via email at [email protected] or by telephone on +353 (0)1 4433004 in the case of any request or complaint.
We use your data to provide and improve our products and services. By purchasing our products or using our services, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
INFORMATION WHICH SIMPLY MUSIC COLLECTS FROM YOU
If you are not yet a Simply Music customer but send an email or contact us via our website, contact details and related information you supply will only be used to contact you about your specific request. By contacting us through our website, you are consenting to being contacted by Simply Music for the sole purpose of the request made. By signing up to our newsletter, you are consenting to be contacted in the form of an email newsletter from Simply Music.
When you become a Simply Music client, whether by purchasing our downloadable content or our on-site workshops, we will ask you for relevant data relating to the provision of our products and services, which generally includes: names, email addresses of specific personnel related to the service provision, phone numbers, business address and any relevant documentation required by us for the delivery of an effective service to your business / organisation.
When you visit the Simply Music website, browser data such as your IP address is collected anonymously from you by Google Analytics in order to improve the site and customer service. This data is not used to identify individuals and will be automatically deleted 14 months after collection.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED
The information and files that Simply Music collects from you is stored on our secure cloud storage system.
LEGAL BASIS FOR USING YOUR DATA
Simply Music will only use personal data with your consent. This consent will be recorded via email communications or telephone/video conversations with you.
When you become a customer, Simply Music will use your data in order to carry out the contract agreed between Simply Music and your business / organisation. In addition, Simply Music may process personal data for the purposes of their legitimate interests provided such processing doesn’t outweigh your rights and freedoms. For example, Simply Music may process personal data to:
- Comply with laws that apply to the business,
- Enable or administer the business, such as for quality control, reporting • Understand and improve the business, and customer service and support • to provide and maintain our products and services;
- to notify you about changes to our products and services;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our products and services when you choose to do so;
- to monitor the usage of our products and services;
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, email-instructions, etc.;
- to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information; • for any other purpose with your consent.
FOR HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction. If you are located outside Ireland and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Ireland and process it there.
ACCESSING YOUR DATA
Simply Music will provide you with access to all of your data on request. You can ask for your data to be amended if it’s inaccurate, deleted, or transferred to you in a common format.
IS YOUR DATA USED BY THIRD PARTIES?
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities.
Other situations where we may disclose your information include:
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business; (e.g.our payment provider – when purchasing our products and services) • for the purpose of including your company’s logo on our website;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; • with your consent in any other cases;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
For advertising purposes, Simply Music may publish project images on its website (www.simplymusic.ie) and on its social media channels – Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram. Where a NDA is signed or if your work with us contains sensitive data, such images will not be published online.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOUR DATA IS LOST OR STOLEN?
The security of your data is important to us. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Simply Music undertakes to report all significant data breaches to the Data Protection Commissioner within 72 hours of the breach occurring, unless the personal data breach is unlikely to result in a risk to your rights and freedoms as an individual.
Simply Music also undertakes to document the facts relating to the breach, its effect, and any remedial action taken. If the personal data breach is likely to result in a high risk to your rights and freedoms, Paul Maher shall communicate the personal data breach to you without undue delay.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
Depending on your jurisdiction, your data protection rights under GDPR may differ. Simply Music aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please email us at [email protected]
We may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Please note, we may not able to provide our products and services without some necessary data